Windows Live Messenger is one of the most popular chat tools from Microsoft. This chat tool helps users to send text messages, video files, pictures etc. It helps you to stay connected with your friends and loved ones. If you have MSN internet browser installed on your computer, the chat program automatically launches whenever you run the browser.
However, if you do not have this browser installed, you will have to launch Windows Messenger program manually. If you have a shortcut for the program on your desktop, you can launch it easily. In this Windows Live support section, we will take you through the steps to create a shortcut for your Messenger program.
- Select the Start menu by clicking the Windows logo on your desktop and select the option All Programs.
- From the list of programs installed on your computer, locate and right click Windows Live Messenger.
- You will find many options when you right click the program. Once of these options is Send To. Select this and choose Desktop. This will create the shortcut for the Windows Live Messenger program in your computer.
In this method, we will help you to create a shortcut for Windows Live Messenger using the Create Shortcut wizard.
- The first step is to go to your desktop window and right click in any of the vacant spaces.
- Select the option New and then choose Shortcut. Shortcut normally comes as the second option in the list.
- The above step opens the Create Shortcut window.
- Select the button Browse in the window.
- Navigate to the folder where your Windows Live Messenger is installed. Normally, you can find the executable file for the program in C: \Program Files \Windows Live Messenger \ Msnmsgr.exe. Then select OK.
- Choose the option Next. You may give any name for the new shortcut in the field for Name.
- Once you enter a name for the program, click Finish. This will create a shortcut for the program on your desktop.
We hope that the above mentioned steps have helped you to create a shortcut for your Windows Live Messenger program in your computer. You may use similar steps to create shortcuts for any other programs or files in your computer. For additional assistance on creating shortcuts, you may contact Windows Live support center or our technical support agents.Google+